Friday, June 29, 2007

Time Out: 'Madame Arcati is our website of the week'

An anonymous person informs me that Time Out magazine has paid tribute to Madame Arcati with its "website of the week" accolade, in terms that meet with my approval ... I reprint on trust ...

"Madame Arcati (named after the eccentric medium in Noel Coward's 'Blithe Spirit') calls herself a 'showbiz and media clairvoyante'. The tone of her notably - some might say revealingly - witty and well-written blog recalls pop gossip newsletter Popbitch, but the thrust of her revelations is generally literary. She was first with the news of the sobbing and wine-throwing that ensued when Indie hack John Walsh made the fatal error of inviting both his long-term partner and his mistress to the launch of his first novel.

"An attentive observer of the baffling Jon Snow/Precious Williams non-affair, she currently has her knife stuck into Diana's latest biographer, Tina Brown: 'She has a reputation for a modish, magpie use of shiny word-finds, as if the employment of the latest now-word or phrase shifts her into the symphonic moment ... ' Me-oww!"

37 comments:

steph said...

Dear Madame ...Congrats and well deserved..
I have just found out that my sister has been contributing many of the nasty remarks on this blog (Anon)..Why? because she doesn't like the fact that I am going after the sex offenders and helping the victims..ok, you have all made your point about "FOUNDATION"..so, I will call it something different, but I am going to continue to abide by my original plan-very simple..contribute to the "Forgotten Ones"..
If I wanted to start trouble with my family I would have mentioned her on my interview...Here's the truth and you can look it up..
My sister flew to CA from Seattle to "induct" a 15 year old boy..the mother found all the very risque conversations and photos and called the FBI...She was extradited from Seattle and had to call my parents in the middle of the night for bail money or it would have been on the front pages of every major newspaper. Of course they abided with her wishes and she is now a registered sex offender in Tacoma Washington...
Was it right to bash me? no...
I have nothing to hide and my children weren't taken from me...
...it affected all of the family..one other reason to stop the abuse early on...
How would you feel..? I didn't bash Kevin; I just told the truth..name calling is not in my repertoire..just facts...call me what you like but don't pretend to be someone you are not...
I apologize if I high jacked your accolade Madame briefly..but it needed to be said...

Arcati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arcati said...

Darling Steph,

Thank you for this information ... I am very sorry to hear about your sister; there is always a black sheep in the family - you have your sister and the poor Fowler family has Kevin Spacey ne Fowler, your former brother-in-law, celebrated though he is.

As I've said in my emails to you, lap dogs have sharp teeth and yap infernally, but they must be ignored. You must focus on developing the charitable foundation and ignore the hideous jibes from certain of my addicted fans - I cannot take responsibility for their ghastly behaviour. My Analytics report tells me that the idolators of the Spacey chat rooms are saturating their incontinence pants over Arcati - but I sleep easy at night, and sometimes I have premonitions.

You have a great talent Steph, and life has handed you a cause. Just get on with it. And laugh - it's a great weapon. MA xxx

steph said...

Thank you Madame..I am working on a new site as we speak and exciting new pieces...I am keeping busy constructively...remarks such as "Madame batshit" is indictive of my main focus..abuse..
like the saying goes, "what goes around comes around"..

Anonymous said...

You are using your ex husband who has gone suspiciously quiet} and his brother to draw attention to your mediocre art.
There is nothing charitable about you.

Myrna said...

Nothing else to do now but leave those two crazy shrews together. Move on, people, nothing to see.

This blog is dead.
Good night, and good luck.

Arcati said...

Yip yip yip yap yap yip yip

Lorenzo said...

Carissima Arcatissima, if you really want to become a genuine journalist, you’ll have to fight against four mortal intimate enemies:

— An irrepressible impulsivity that leads you to make friends with the less useful and less flattering people. A good journalist is as cold as ice and very calculating.
— A quasi-neurotic resistance to the truth, even when it strikes you right in the face. A good journalist submits himself to reality.
— A very narrow mental space, a ridiculously small number of targets and a tiresome tendency to repeat yourself indefinitely. A good journalist is open-minded and eclectic.
— A pathetic tendency to self-congratulation (but then, I understand this is a corollary of your secret self-loathing). A good journalist has no ego, he’s just an echo.

As someone said, your blog is indeed slipping. That’s really a pity, because you’re authentically gifted as a writer. Think of it.

Arcati said...

Ah Lorenzo, your interest in my progress is truly heart-warming. Curiously, I must occupy a parallel universe in which opposite truths apply, namely:

1. My advice to journalists is: Make unexpected friendships - some of the better stories will be found in the crooks and crannies. Live outside the box - most journalists socialise with other journalists. Very incestuous. Very dull. This maybe one of the reasons why fewer people are interested in dead tree media these days. They sense the decay, the failure to move on.

2. I have discovered that one person's reality can be another person's insistance on a line. You plainly have a black and white sort of comprehension that resents contradiction - have you enjoyed a senior managerial role, perchance?

3. I have not noticed that journalists as a class are especially eclectic in their interests - many members of the so-called media commentariat tend to harp on the same themes week after week and do very nicely, thank you. In contrast Arcati mixes comment with investigation with reviews with personal experience in a manner that would never be tolerated on a newspaper. Your comment betrays your own preoccupation with sex and scandal, but projected onto me due to some fascinating psycho-sexual reason. I may need to speak with your therapist.

4. Journalists and editors, regrettably, are ferocious self- congratulators. Socially, there is nothing to compare with the egotism of hacks and their betters who are riding high on a succeeful rag. It is a sad fact that drive is tied to ego on this planet, though it need not be so vulgar. On a separate point, it should be said that blogs are routinely denigrated by dead tree journalists, so my flag-waving serves the dual purpose of promoting me as well as pissing off people like yourself who think they know it all.

But perhaps my best response to your comment is this: You always come back for more.

"The Forgotten Ones" said...

it is quite amazing how the public media can easily be pursuaded by the psycho babble and cutting remarks of some "twits"..
I went back todayinto the past posts (out of curiousity) and lo and behold found MANY of my sister's alter ego comments..she has been ANON, Marcella, and quite a few others I suspect..She manipulated the interview with her cattiness and jealous cold heart...what a shame..
I have positive aspirations and she turned (tried) to turn me into a shrew..if you look at her commment on my interview by Marcella, I believe, she gives herself away "calling the kettle black"..well, if you go on her journal(google Madame Batshit) she regurgitates once again the same s**t.. The exact terminology..
I find it an intersting experiment in journalism that someone named Anon or other false names can incite a riot of false accusations..she delighted herself in the delusion that she outwitted us..I ask you all to read my interview and than judge me fairly..he comments were vile and defintely my sister's revenge..how sad..she has alter egos and her immature display shows how one person can TRY and turn a worthwhile cause into a negative..I can only feel sorry for her..her comment regaring my art work as mediocre was hers also..yap yap..

alex said...

steph said... Dear Madame ...Congrats and well deserved..

ooh check it out, i am trying to make it look like i give a rat's patootie
about someone besides me, myself, and i.

I have just found out that my sister has been contributing many of the nasty remarks on this blog (Anon)..

your sister's name is anon? damn she has been busy.

Why? because she doesn't like the fact that I am going after the sex offenders and helping the victims..

or maybe because she happens to know you...quite well?

ok, you have all made your point about "FOUNDATION"..so, I will call it something different,

a rose by any other name.....still stinks.

but I am going to continue to abide by my original plan-very simple..contribute to the "Forgotten Ones"..

contribute? look out lizziebeths it's the big one and i am a-definitely comin'


If I wanted to start trouble with my family I would have mentioned her on my interview...

but then i only talk about ME

Here's the truth and you can look it up..

the truth is on my ceiling?


My sister flew to CA from Seattle to "induct" a 15 year old boy..the mother found all the very risque conversations and photos and called the FBI...She was extradited from Seattle and had to call my parents in the middle of the night for bail money or it would have been on the front pages of every major newspaper. Of course they abided with her wishes and she is now a registered sex offender in Tacoma Washington...

uh oh, i don't think this fairy tale is gonna end with "...and they lived
happily ever after."

Was it right to bash me?

actually, yes

no...

no, really, yes it was.

I have nothing to hide and my children weren't taken from me...

nah, they ran screaming to get away?

...it affected all of the family..one other reason to stop the abuse early on...

and this sentence actually means....what?

How would you feel..?

with my hands?


I didn't bash Kevin; I just told the truth..name calling is not in my repertoire.

i just called him names...no bashing.

.just facts...

damn steph get it right..."just the facts, jack"


call me what you like

delusional

but don't pretend to be someone you are not...

ok, i'll stop pretending i think you might have a soul.


I apologize if I high jacked your accolade Madame briefly..but it needed to be said...

no i am not, because you see it's all about me.

Arcati said... Darling Steph,

ah man, i am getting nauseous here

Thank you for this information ...

insert evil witch cackle

I am very sorry to hear about your sister;

yes yes yes YES...more ammunition


there is always a black sheep in the family - you have your sister and the poor Fowler family has Kevin Spacey ne Fowler, your former brother-in-law, celebrated though he is.

falls to knees to pray to become black sheep like kevin...rich,
famous, intelligent, talented....

As I've said in my emails to you, lap dogs have sharp teeth and yap infernally,
but they must be ignored.

until they crap on this aforementioned lap


You must focus on developing the charitable foundation and ignore the hideous jibes from certain of my addicted fans - I cannot take responsibility for their ghastly behaviour.

"it's alive! it's alive!" rants dr. frankenstein, er arcati.

My Analytics report tells me that the idolators of the Spacey chat rooms are saturating their incontinence pants over Arcati -

whoa doggies are we full of ourselves here.

but I sleep easy at night, and sometimes I have premonitions.

let me guess: spacey fan golden showers?

You have a great talent Steph,

ain't artistic, i tell ya

and life has handed you a cause. Just get on with it.

now how do i get kevin spacey to hand me over his hard-earned
cash, again?

And laugh - it's a great weapon. MA xxx

especially when you haven't brushed your teeth for weeks.

steph said... Thank you Madame..I am working on a new site as we speak and exciting new pieces...I am keeping busy constructively...

building a foundation?

remarks such as "Madame batshit" is indictive of my main focus..abuse..

sticks and stones...

like the saying goes, "what goes around comes around"..

well, then darling steph, you better duck cause it's heading back at ya.

Arcati said...

Thank you Alex for that blow-by-blow job. I'm impressed you have so much time on your hands - are you Steph's sister?

You see, Lorenzo; Arcati is a lightning rod, and provides a story narrative. Not like all those professionals.

"The Forgotten Ones" said...

Madame, she is my sister, believe me..and if you go back you will see her style of writing..that's her..how immature..
everything she says has no voracity. It is just mental masturbation..
I have begun to apply for grants in the area..and I won't let my sister get in the way!!
how sad that she has tried to turn people against me..but she has been doing this for years..no one told her to break the law..she talks about how religious she is, but her comments on here would make the Pope cringe..here is an example of hypocrisy..
oh, and her webmaster "boyfriend" has contributed to the slander also..I know his "style" also...good bye black sheep..baaaah!

JP said...

Since you are now moderating, this may never be seen. I hope you will at least pass it on to Steph.

++++++++++

May I please interject something here. This has gone entirely too far into the realm of invasion of privacy—not only for Mr. Spacey (which I’ve been harping on about since this whole thing started) but for others as well.

Steph, I don’t believe that all the posts you claim are your sister are indeed hers. I think you are conjuring this up in your imagination because you feel attacked. But you must realize that you have invited these attacks by your constant slamming of others – particularly your ex-brother-in-law. Did you really believe that you could say the things you did and NOT get backlash? I cannot believe that you are that naïve. You must have known that people would defend his right to his privacy. Even if what you say about him is true (which I am still very skeptical about) it is cruel of you to air family matters in public when Mr. Spacey has made it clear time and time again that he wishes to keep his private life private. Because you cannot accept that simple wish, you have brought on a maelstrom of hate and venom directed at you. Now you are doing it to your sister. Is there no end to your viciousness? You are displaying the very traits of inhumanity you are supposedly fighting against. Do you not realize that there are other forms of abuse (perhaps even more hurtful) than the physical kind?

Please stop this now.

JP

Arcati said...

Steph, what is the name of your sister - is it Francine Mastini? I feel I've wandered into a feud I don't understand ...

"The Forgotten Ones" said...

I don't understand it either..
never have..and i am ending now..enough..yes, that is her name..

marcella said...

Never insinuate yourself into my gene pool.

If use of the cliche "pot calling the kettle black" reveals me as your sister - I hope she has a lawyer - then you and Arcati must be one and the same. Yip. Same logic; same ridiculous conclusion.

I certainly didn't call your art mediocre. Art is much too kind a word and I don't tend to flattery.

Arcati's vision (technological and glass ball alike) must be failing... or surely, she'd clear this up.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know which posts Steph actually believes are coming from her sister. There's this "pot and kettle" thing that rings a bell to me...

Anonymous said...

I expect very few posts are from 'the delusional ones' sister . I am in no way related and still find this arrogant self promoting in very bad taste.
The only 'forgotten one ' you are concerned with is yourself - you saw your ex husbands interview as a way to flog some of that stuff you call art.

Anonymous said...

Found an online memorial you wrote about your father................and yes there it was yet more flagrant self promoting - a mention of YOUR art career.
Unbelievable.
Oh,and I'm not your sister or anyone remotely connected to you.
Thankfully.

Anonymous said...

I made a research on this blog and what appears actually is that only two persons are using the "pot and kettle" idiom: Arcati and... me.

I swear on my soul that:

1. I'm not Arcati.
2. I'm not Marcella.
3. I'm not Ms Mastini's sister.

However, for a reason I prefer to keep for myself if you don't mind, I'm immensely flattered that Steph identifies me as the one who could be her estranged sister (by the way, from whom isn't Ms Mastini estranged?).

I'm sure I'm not the only "Anon" who's laughing up his sleeve... It's very unkind, I know. :-)

Arcati said...

Arcati would never use the pot kettle black cliche. Give me some credit.

Anonymous said...

Never, really?

"Sunday, January 21, 2007
AA Gill: pot, kettle, black"

What’s bred in the bone will come out in the flesh (another clché).

Anonymous said...

< My Analytics report tells me that the idolators of the Spacey chat rooms are saturating their incontinence pants over Arcati >

And your crystal ball will soon give you their names and addresses, I’m sure.
Seriously, Madame, you’ll have to explain to me how your analytics report can tell you the origin of the posts. The exchanges on the blogs are completely anonymous, otherwise everyone would already know who you are (well, hum, I think some aficionados do, but by more usual means). This is mere bluff.

very sad to see this continuing said...

Hmmmm....I see everything is moderated now. I just have one question...what does Kevin Spacey's sexual preference have to do with the abused children foundation that Steph and Randy are setting up??? My guess would be nothing....so why can't we get past it. I know you believe that Kevin should support it, BUT, he's not going to and at some point in your adult life, you have to grow up and accept it and move on...... You cannot help any child from any type of abuse, if you can't teach them to move on...

Start your foundation and help the kids and forget about Kevin Spacey.

Arcati said...

You'll have to read up on the subject - plenty of postings and interviews on this subject. Do try to keep up, sleepy-head.

very sad to see this continuing said...

I'm sorry if someone misunderstood my post, I haven't been sleeping, I in fact HAVE been reading all the posts regarding this for sometime. What I meant was..it's time to let it go and let Kevin Spacey go. If he doesn't want to support the foundation that's his right, there are other celebrities and individuals out there that will help. I for one would like to hear more about the foundation, what's happening with it, you know the who-what-where-when and how of it...I for one AM truly interested and hope I can help in some way. But I'm beginning to have doubts about a foundation that's only building blocks is "Kevin Spacey is gay" arguments over and over again.....doesn't sound promising. And I really would like to hear it from Randy...I've noticed he's stayed out of this mess since his original interview.

Oxanna said...

If this "Very sad to see this continuing" was as sad about it as s/he claims, s/he could just shut the f*ck up and let the thread die. Now it's gonna continue on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.... till Doomsday!
Ms Mastini has started a blog about her foundation. The people who are interested in it can get in touch with her through this dedicated page:

http://forgottenonesfund.blogspot.com/

There's no mention of Spacey on it (phew!).

Lorenzo said...

Arcati said:

> Curiously, I must occupy a parallel universe in which opposite truths apply

No, no, we live in the same indeed, but I’m talking about journalistic ideals and your reply is all about sad realities.

> 1. My advice to journalists is: Make unexpected friendships - some of the better stories will be found in the crooks and crannies.

Okay, you win on this one. Ms Mastini’s troubles with her ex-brother-in-law and most of all with her sister are the most grabbing and thrilling family saga I’ve ever followed. More, more!

> Live outside the box - most journalists socialise with other journalists. Very incestuous. Very dull.

Alas, I’m afraid you’re right again. That’s why a huge number of ill-founded rumors end up as “realities” thanks to their private grapevine. Repetition turns the lie into truth. For example, there’s apparently an epidemic of retirements among Hollywood actors these days. Good selling topic, especially meant for the poor workers who’ll be forced to toil until their 75th birthday.

> This maybe one of the reasons why fewer people are interested in dead tree media these days. They sense the decay, the failure to move on.

Do you really believe the bloggers are protected against that danger? It seems to me that you’ve sometimes been caught red-handed parroting the official media version. Fortunately, you’ve got a few well-informed readers who succeed in the job you screwed.

> 2. I have discovered that one person's reality can be another person's insistence on a line.

Good, I can see you’re beginning to get it. It’s called sense of relativity, cara. Apply it to yourself now.

> 3. I have not noticed that journalists as a class are especially eclectic in their interests - many members of the so-called media commentariat tend to harp on the same themes week after week and do very nicely, thank you. In contrast Arcati mixes comment with investigation with reviews with personal experience in a manner that would never be tolerated on a newspaper.

More comments and personal experience (for the best or the worst) than serious investigation, actually…

> Your comment betrays your own preoccupation with sex and scandal, but projected onto me due to some fascinating psycho-sexual reason. I may need to speak with your therapist.

If I had a therapist, I’m sure he’d be delighted to meet such an interesting case as you are.

> 4. Journalists and editors, regrettably, are ferocious self- congratulators. Socially, there is nothing to compare with the egotism of hacks and their betters who are riding high on a succeeful rag. It is a sad fact that drive is tied to ego on this planet, though it need not be so vulgar. On a separate point, it should be said that blogs are routinely denigrated by dead tree journalists…

There’s nothing to be jealous about, however. Except, for some third-rate hacks, your personal style of writing (which is quite remarkable, as I fairly said already).

> But perhaps my best response to your comment is this: You always come back for more.

Ah, touché! I come back for more, indeed… but for more of what? You’ll never know...

Saccet said...

"If this "Very sad to see this continuing" was as sad about it as s/he claims, s/he could just shut the f*ck up and let the thread die. Now it's gonna continue on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.... till Doomsday!"

And yet, you chose to respond to this posters comment thus continuing the thread on and on...

This saga will never stop...even if this thread stops it will just pop up on another. I think what "Very Sad" is trying to say is simple....Don't use Kevin to try to sell the "Foundation". A true helping "foundation" doesn't need a celebrity's name attached to it nor can it be built on scandal and such....

And the blog really doesn't offer a whole lot of information.

Anonymous said...

< And yet, you chose to respond to this posters comment thus continuing the thread on and on... >

And so do you... :-)

< This saga will never stop...even if this thread stops it will just pop up on another. >

I'm not so sure. The topic undoubtedly shows some signs of wear. The summer holidays will do the rest.

Anonymous said...

I have no clear idea of what is going on here but I have to say that Lorenzo is just fabulous and entertaining! I think that Steph Mastini and Precious Williams will soon become Best Friends as will Kevin Spacey and Jon Snow.....

Lorenzo said...

> I have no clear idea of what is going on here

It's a long and sad story. :-)

> but I have to say that Lorenzo is just fabulous and entertaining!

Wow, a fan! Thank you, dear.

> I think that Steph Mastini and Precious Williams will soon become Best Friends as will Kevin Spacey and Jon Snow.....

I don't know for those two, but at least their lawyers should...

Anonymous said...

You have at least two fans, Lorenzo. I love your posts. :)

Anonymous said...

I think what Ms Mastini is getting across to the people who have been abused is - blame others {not the abuser but siblings/relatives who for 1001 reasons didn't help/know at the time} remain vindictive, live in in the past, drag peoples private lives out into the public arena,jump onto other peoples coat tails and try to make a buck out of it by selling 'art'.
You would be the last person I would turn to for help judging by the comments you have made on this site.
The only real help for these people is learning to let it go and to move on.

saccet said...

< And yet, you chose to respond to this posters comment thus continuing the thread on and on... >

And so do you... :-)

Hmmm...I wasn't the one complaining about the thread going on and on....:)

I like Lorenzo's posts also!!!

Sarah Williams said...

The comment regarding your art work Ms Mastini as being mediocre was mine. I'm sure Madame Arcati can check that these posts are actually coming from England - but is giving you enough rope etc etc.

In fact most of the comments you seem paranoid about have been mine.